Categories: Diploma in Biostatistics and Computing
Date: Jun 14, 2010
Title: Applied Statistical Linear Models
The first part of the course is to familiarize the participants with, and teach them to apply, the general linear model as it is commonly manifested in biomedical research. Specific applications include, but not limited to, multiple regression analysis, t-tests, one-way ANOVA, factorial ANOVA (balanced and unbalanced), ANCOVA and two-group discriminant function analysis.
The second part of the course is intended to familiarize participants with statistical procedures for analyzing categorical outcome data, a type of data often collected in health-related studies. Participants will have opportunities to use SAS to implement those statistical procedures and interpret the results of SAS outputs. In addition, this course will also place emphasis to certain degree on general statistical mechanisms underlying those statistical procedures.
- Completion of A Course in Commonly Used Statistical Methodologies in Clinical Research
- Completion of Foundation Course in Statistical Analysis Software (SAS) Programming
After completing this course, the participants will be able to
- Identify appropriate linear model techniques to be used to analyze the clinical data.
- Identify appropriate statistical methodologies that are applied to analyze the categorical outcome data.
- Use appropriate procedures in the SAS system to conduct methodologies outlined above and interpret the analytical results.
Topics of Study
- Simple Linear Regression
- Multiple Linear Regression
- Analysis of Variance
- Analysis of Covariance (ANCOVA)
- Introduction to Categorical Analysis
- The 2 x 2 Contingency Table
- Sets of 2 x 2 Contingency Tables
- Sets of 2 x r and s x 2 Tables
- The s x r Tables
- Sets of s x r Tables
- Nonparametric Methods
- Logistic Regression Analysis: Dichotomous Response
- Conditional Logistic Regression Analysis (optional)
Course ID: QI-BIO-202
Date: For May 2017 - Sept 2017 classes, in NJ, USA/Bangalore, India (depending on no. of students): By Arrangement with Instructor(s)
Duration: Intensive In-Class Training w/Instructor in Classroom to assist students complete assignments
Location: New Jersey, USA and Bangalore, India (depending on no. of students)
Mode of Training: In-Class
Dates: Class Lecture: By Arrangement with Instructor(s)
Dates: Instructor Assistance in Classroom: By Arrangement with Instructor(s)
Dates: Instructor Access via Email: Post class access
For Registration/Pricing, call:: Please call our office in New Jersey at 609-454-5635 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for pricing/registration