Categories: Diploma in Biostatistics and Computing
Date: May 12, 2010
Title: Introduction to Global Clinical Research and Regulatory Affairs
Clinical research is part of biomedical research that addresses the assessment of new pharmaceutical and biological drugs, medical devices and vaccines in humans. This course will provide a comprehensive overview of clinical research that includes study designs, various phases of clinical trials, protocol development, responsibilities of clinical research staff, regulatory issues and the role of the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
This is the start point for those who would like to be introduced to the area of global clinical research.
At the conclusion of the course, participants will be able to have a good understanding of
- Clinical research study designs and principles involved in various phases of clinical trials
- Drug development process
- Regulatory issues and the role of FDA in the drug approval process
Topics of Study
Topics include an in-depth instruction of the following:
- Priniciples of clinical research study design and various phases of clinical trials.
- Drug development processes, the principles of good clinical practice, the key personnel in clinical research, and medical terminology.
- Responsibilities of personnel (clinical research associates (CRAs), data coordinators and data entry staff, investigators, biostatisticians, etc.) within clinical trials.
- Scientific, ethical and legal aspects of clinical trials.
- Creation of a protocol and mechanism to assure patient safety, including the protection of human rights, global product safety, IRBs and tracking and reporting of adverse events.
- Other topics that include randomization, blinding procedures, roles of the Food & Drug Administration (FDA) and the International Conference on Harmonization (ICH).
- Approaches to public health regulation. Examples will come primarily from the United States because US has such a pervasive influence on the international stage. Public health regulation traditionally covers water, sanitation, air, food, medicines, and a large array of consumer products. The US Food and Drug Administration will be discussed in detail.
Course ID: QI-CLIN-201
Date: For May 2017 - Sept 2017 classes, in NJ, USA/Bangalore, India (depending on no. of students): By Arrangement with Instructor(s)
Duration: Intensive In-Class Training w/Instructor in Classroom to assist students complete assignments
Location: For May 2017 - Sept 2017 classes, in NJ, USA/Bangalore (depending on no. of students)
Mode of Training: In-class
Dates: Class Lecture: By Arrangement with Instructor(s)
Dates: Instructor Assistance in Classroom: By Arrangement with Instructor(s)
Dates: Instructor Access via Email: Post - class access
For Registration/Pricing, call:: Please call our office in New Jersey at 609-454-5635 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for pricing/registration